Department in the College
- Wildlife and Ecotourism Management Department.
- Animal Production Technology Department
- Tourism Department
- Basic Science Department
- Vocational Department
- Computer science
- Forestry Technology
The college ensures that standards set by the National Board for Technical Education are adhered to strictly.
- Catering and Hospitality Management
- Game Guards Course
- Taxidermy/Museum Management
- Conservation Techniques
- Nursery Techniques
- Poultry Production and Management
- Park Interpretation and Extension
- Cane Rat (Grasscutter) Farming
- Game Guard Management, etc
Ongoing Research Activities
- Crocodile and Duicker multiplication
- Evaluation of the nutritional potential of some savannah seeds and fruits for livestock production and dry season feeding.
- Touristic evaluation of old and New-Bussa.
Future research projections
Areas of Future Research Interest
- Determining appropriate feeding regime for crocodile and duicker in captivity
- Improving housing designs and handling techniques in the management of crocodiles and duiker in captivity
- Upgrading of performance traits of local fowl with exotic cocks.
- Evaluation of aanti parasitic effect of vitelleria paradoxa seed in wildlife domestication
- Further assessment of the touristic potentials of old and New-Bussa.
- Afforestation activities (planting of 50,000seedlings in Niger and Kwara States)
The Federal College of Wildlife Management has the following mandates: To train technical and sub-technical manpower in Wildlife Conservation and protection duties aimed at sustaining scientific management and development of the game protected ecosystem. To carry out research into wildlife production conservation and management problems. To disseminate research findings through teaching under Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria and other related organizations. To render wildlife technical training assistance to Universities offering wildlife courses in Nigeria and other African countries through students attachment programmes. To train manpower for the improvement of animal production thus, enhancing the food base of the nation. To train intermediate and middle level technical manpower for the nations Tourism Industry
Section in the College
- Estate Department
- Administration Department
- Accounts Department
- Library and Documentation Department
The Federal College of Wildlife Management, New Bussa is headed by Provost, the College Management Team is headed by a Provost who in turn is responsible to the Executive Director of FRIN. The Provost is the Chairman of the College Management and Academic board
The college has recorded breakthrough in
- Crocodile domestication and multiplication
- Duicker domestication and multiplication
- Assessment of the touristic potential of Borgu Kingdom, encompassing old and New-Bussa.
- Impact of human activities on Elephant ecology in Gamsha National Park
- Development of alternative feedstuffs for poultry production in the Northern Guinea Savanna
- Expansion of Afforestation activities at Mokwa, Niger State and Jebba in Kwara State.